Mural Project: Drawing DNA

I'm using chalk to rough out the lines for the mural, 'cause once I get out the Sharpie it's all over. This way I can use a towel to wipe it off and make tweaks until every square has a nice amount of detail for the kids to paint... no boring squares allowed! Each of these pieces is 1 foot square.


We've put a letter and number on the back of each piece of wood, to show its position and which side goes up. This is going to be like a big puzzle when we go to put it back together...

Once I get the DNA drawn in, I'll put the rest of the squares around the outside and draw the cell stomata... they look like big half-donuts.

Thank goodness the sun is out so I can see what I'm doing!

Look here for the line art for the whole mural and how we're using the squares to form a big grid...