More Evidence Cartoons are Good for You.

Cartooning brings me in contact with people that I never would have met, who have seen a drawing and have thoughts, or who want to use a cartoon to make a point or explain something difficult.

Example: recently I gave permission to someone to use this cartoon


in a presentation about how kids who have been exposed to trauma regress to extremely concrete thinking. Who knew? How great is that?

Then there's this one,


Which someone is going to use in a talk involving how to respond to training budget cuts.

I just love that. It's what makes the job worth it. Using pictures and words to help people out is just so fabulous.

I do that when I draw mind maps and do design also, sometimes it feels like cartooning is just another form of info architecture. With laughing. Love that.