1. Whatever your plan is, your class will come out different. This is a good thing.
2. Kids don't think of themselves as creative or not creative. Adults do that. Kids just ask, "What are we doing?"
3. Adults saying "I can't draw" around kids makes it okay for kids to say "I can't draw."
4. All kids can draw.
5. It's all about the art supplies. Sharp pencils, clean paper, kids love to pull out new materials and start working with them.
6. Pretty much anything can be made into a puppet with a personality.
7. Glue is the greatest substance on Earth. Tape runs a close second.
8. Kids who are quiet often have a huge amount to say given the right medium.
9. There is no sound better than a group of kids making hilarious things and laughing.
10. Just having a class, creating a space where art is made, alters one's outlook and expectations in life.