The Lost Queen Graphic Novel - With Narrative!




Many of you have been following as I've published the artwork for The Lost Queen on Flickr.

Now, you can see it with the narrative and dialogue.

It's a PDF, so the best way to view it is in single-page view and go through one page at a time. And it's a big file, so be patient... it is a graphic novel, after all.

I will still be putting up new artwork as well, but wanted you to have a chance to see the first part of the novel in its complete form.

It took a while to settle on a narrative approach, but in the end I am essentially bringing a movie storyboard to life. The Invention of Hugo Cabret goes back and forth between pages of text and wordless sequences of drawings. The Arrival has no words at all. And webcomics tend to have the dialog embedded in the visuals, which is not a style that I take to in this particular instance. The drawings really want to stand on their own.

So, see what you think, and send me a note! And, thanks for reading. I really appreciate it.