Woa. Sugar and Caffeine. Woa.



So, I realize that a well-placed cup of coffee or bit of sugar can go a long way toward improving the quality of your day. I don't dispute this. It's the crashes that I just can't stand. I can't have my head fall off every few hours.

I also realize that one answer to this is to just make darn sure that your levels don't drop by following a well-tuned regimen of intake of various substances. I know lots of folks time their day around when and how much coffee to consume. And, of course, more. More coffee. Or something. Run over the problem like a truck. That's an approach too.

But, I've kind of felt lately that sugar and caffeine are pulling me apart at the seams - like the molecules that make up me are getting farther and farther apart or something. Perhaps I am just experiencing a gravity problem or something. But I decided to try reducing the amount of sugar and caffeine floating around to get a handle on things.

Wow, that was kind of an abrupt approach. I found out that:
1. If you have no sugar or caffeine and then have a glass of wine, you actually get too heavy to get up out of your chair
2. Cranky cranky cranky.
3. I'm depending more on this stuff than I ever thought. Yike!

So next I will attempt to hit some sort of happy medium. One where I am actually conscious, but do not lose my mind and turn into Cranky Pants Lady every 4 to 6 hours.

Bleh! This process is gross. But worth it. I hope.