Hello, all you artists.

We went to the SF MOMA today. It was great. It's kind of like visiting with friends. You know, those good friends that you don't see that often, but when you do, it's like no time has passed.
I also especially enjoyed the footwear. I seriously saw shoes that could have come from any of the last five decades. I saw those scrunchy flat-heeled elf boots, and retro bowling shoes, and big clunky Minnie Mouse shoes. I saw cruel looking pointy things too (see "Cruel Shoes" by Steve Martin.) There was much fabulous footwear to be seen. How does someone walk through a whole museum in 3-plus-inch heels? I have no idea. It makes the balls of my feet ache just to think about it. I'm a runner, and my knees say, "you must be nice to us in order to run. Which means no tipping us up on heels." Fine with me.
Everybody was lined up all up and down the stairs to see this exhibition by Olafur Eliasson, which we didn't get to see but I think we'll go back for.
Anyway, it was nice to say hi to Matisse and Picasso and di Chirico and Magritte and Diebenkorn and Miro and everyone. My daughter kept saying, "Are these the ACTUAL paintings?" and I kept saying, "Yep, every one of them. Step back from that one, honey." This made the docents smile.