Big Thoughts About Little Drawings: Baby Names


So, my name is generally used to refer to baseball bats, guns and cows. I don't really know what to make of that. I've never known what to make of that. I don't think the cow part is a good thing. Or the gun part. Baseball bats are okay, I guess.
Every year someone publishes a list of the most popular baby names of the year. For some people, these are names to use - for others, they are the ones to avoid.
One unforeseen effect of the name you choose is what happens when you name your kid after someone. At first, it's neat because you think of that special person whenever you talk to your kid. On the other hand, when you're really mad, you end up yelling your friend's or relative's name. Which is weird.
Eventually, the kid will grow into the name and make it his or her own. Hopefully. But in the meantime, it's astounding how many times you're gonna say/yell/screech that name yourself. So make it a good one.